Aujourd’hui il y a des magnétomètres déportés pour les systèmes de navigation pour les pilotes qui veulent toujours un cap magnétique.
Digital 3-axis Magnetometer Heading Sensor
- Small, lightweight, cost-effective source of magnetic heading reference
- Provides accurate 3-axis sensing of the Earth’s magnetic field for use by Air Data, Attitude Heading Reference System (ADAHRS) to determine aircraft heading
- Integrates with G3X™, G3X Touch™ and G5 series electronic flight displays
- Usable for both experimental and certificated aircraft installations with the G5 electronic instrument serving as DG/HSI and/or attitude indicator
- Installs easily; mountable in 4 cardinal compass directions
GMU 11 is an affordable, microprocessor-based magnetometer. It can be used to accurately sense the Earth’s magnetic field alignment and provide this data to compatible ADAHRS processors for use in referencing aircraft magnetic heading. In essence, the magnetometer acts as an electronic compass, showing the ADAHRS which direction the aircraft is facing in relation to magnetic north.
Unlike conventional flux valve systems, which detect only the horizontal component of the Earth’s magnetic field, the GMU 11 magnetometer provides full 3-axis vector measurements for the most precise digital indication of magnetic field strength and direction.